Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Correction!

The other day, I had a lengthy argument with one of my friends when he commented that I make it a habit to point out other people's mistakes. I just corrected his use of a word and it set him off. I admit it happens often, but is it really a bad thing?

Now I don't know whether it's because of my character where I want to help people out or just a part of me who is a closet perfectionist, but I'm sure that it's not my intention to put down the person who I correct. I also want to avoid coming off as arrogant or a smart-ass, so if I do, all apologies. Let me assure you, my only goal is to help you out so other (more judgmental) people wouldn't make fun of you if you were to make that mistake in front of them.

There are times when you're out in public and someone you don't know or just meet makes a glaring, but understandable mistake. For me, that's not a big deal. As much as possible, whenever I correct someone, I try to make sure that we're not in earshot of anyone else or at least within our group of friends.

Of course there are those people who love to talk like they're some sort of omniscient force, when in fact they're brainless pieces of shit. Now I have no problem letting these fools run their mouths and make themselves look stupid.

On the flipside, Lord knows I'm far from perfect, I make mistakes all the time. With that in mind, it's my sincere wish that my friends would let me know and correct me when I'd make a mistake as well. Just tryin' to be a useful human.

listening to: Kanye West - Family Business


Post a Comment
 
© Timothy James Tupas 2005 All rights reserved
 
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com