Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, August 07, 2006

Professional Callboy

After being silent on the matter for the past few months, it's time for me to let everyone know what's going on.

Back sometime near the end of May, I decided to test my luck and apply with Teleperformance, located here in Bacolod. The whole application process was pretty painless (a first for me) and during the morning of June 1, I had my final interview. Fortunately, I did well enough to pass, but the final verdict was still a cliffhanger. Yes, I was able to pass, but because of my lack of experience in the callcenter industry, they said I might not be accepted as a TSR (Technical Support Representative). My fate would lie in the hands of whoever was in charge of the account we'd be handling. At that point, the worst possible scenario was me ending up as a CSR (Customer Service Representative), which I wasn't really looking forward to. So the only thing left for me to do was wait.

Until that point, only my brother and Kay had any idea that I had even applied to Teleperformance. I didn't want to jinx it. Furthermore, didn't want to get everyone (including myself) excited, then let them down later on if I wasn't accepted. So, after my final interview, I let my parents and a few friends know that I had been hired, but made sure to explain that things weren't set in stone yet. There were many other things on my mind, the biggest concern was whether or not I'd be able to continue studying Architecture while working. The schedule was my biggest worry, in case there would be a conflict later on, I'd surely have to choose between Architecture and Teleperformance. So I was in a big pickle. With that in mind, I decided not to announce it in my blog yet.

As for my schedule for my classes in Architecture, I was already enrolled since before my birthday, so I already knew what to expect. As June contunued, classes started. Since I didn't hear from Teleperformance yet, I went along with my Arfien life as normal. The schedule itself was manageable, but there were a few problem subjects that up to now are making my life a living hell. But that's another story altogether.

Fast forward to mid-July, where one morning, I missed two calls while in Design class. At first I didn't mind them, but when I got home at around 2 o'clock in the afternoon, I found out that it was Teleperformance who was calling. Since I wasn't able to answer my cellphone, they left word at the house that I was supposed to go there to meet with the HR peeps at 3. Rushing like a madman, I made my way to TP where they informed a group of us that we were to gather our requirements for employment and to be ready for an orientation on July 31. We were congratulated and they told us that we would be handling the Dell account. Best part? It was a technical account.

The only thing that worried me then was the schedule. They said they'd contact me before July 31 with regards to the time of the orientation. On Friday, July 28, they called me again and informed me that we'd be having it at 9 in the morning then be ready for training afterwards and that it would most likely last all day. My heart sank. How was I supposed to attend class now? Trying to think positive, I decided to just be absent from my classes that day, then see what would happen. Deep inside, I was preparing myself to let go of my job at Teleperformance.

When orientation time came, I was ready to hear the worst. Fortunately, the trainers informed us that after this day of training, our schedules would then be moved to 9pm-6am. I breathed a sigh of relief. Despite how unforgiving the schedule seemed, I vowed that I would do my best to attend class during the day while attending training at night. Catching up on sleep was my only concern now.

So here I am, one week of training done. From what we were told, there should be 7 more weeks to go. This first week of training has been great, it's been lots of fun. In terms of sleep, I've been sneaking some naps here and there, then I spent the whole weekend sleeping. It's all touch and go right now, I'm just doing my best to keep things balanced.

Looking back, I remember back when I first applied a little over 2 months ago. I prayed so hard for God to guide me towards the right path. I put everything in His hands. Right now, I'm thankful that everything has worked out so far. I've also got to thank all my friends and family who have been so extremely supportive of me.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Anonymous Anonymous says: Image hosted by Photobucket.com
interesting article. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did anyone know that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.  
Image hosted by Photobucket.com February 09, 2010 7:36 AM Image hosted by Photobucket.com
     

Post a Comment
 
© Timothy James Tupas 2005 All rights reserved
 
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com