Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, November 19, 2005

My Weekend in Manila

After my afternoon class on Friday, I had to head straight home in order to get my stuff for Manila. Adie and Mel picked me up at NAIA, then we proceeded to Glorietta to meet up with some of the other pROsins. As usual, we met in McCafe and chatted for quite a while before heading to Wendy's for a bite to eat. Then we hung out for a while, discussing stuff assassins discuss. Later that night Shabs let me crash at his place.

The next morning, I met up with Sam and we went to her house in Alabang for breakfast. After breakfast she picked out her outfit for the wedding before we left for Batangas. It was a two hour drive before we got there, spent reminiscing our college days and just catching up on stuff. The venue for the wedding was beautiful. It was set up next to an infinity pool overlooking the ocean. There were probably less than 100 people at the wedding, so it was just an intimate little gathering. The guests were in what Kevin called "formal beach attire", which for the guys meant: linen shirts, khakis and leather sandals. The ceremony itself was really short and sweet, the pastor was cool and shared alot of useful (and sometimes funny) points to Kevin and Anna.

Then we proceeded to the club house area for the reception. Again, it was really nice, not overly formal like most weddings. Throughout the reception, there was a slide show pictures of the couple. After dinner there were the typical reception "procedures" like the tossing of the bouquet and the slicing of the cake, but then they had a fun game where we would be grouped by table and had to answer some multiple choice trivia about Kevin and Anna. Our table was doing really well, but we ended up only getting 3rd place. Sam and I left the reception at around 9, it was another long drive back to Alabang. It was funny because we almost got lost twice along the way. Anyway, it was around 11:30 when we arrived at their house. Sam let me stay in their guest room for the night. Thoroughly exhausted, I went straight to bed.

The next morning, Sam dropped me off at Pancake House right near Alabang Town Center where I met up with Dein for breakfast. I totally binged that morning and had: blueberry pancakes, a perfect match meal (country sausages, hashbrowns, toast, scrambled eggs and hot tea), orange juice and a side order of bacon. Yum yum! Then we headed over to Dein's house where he showed me some funny StarWars stuff on his computer and I attempted to play Hitman 2 on his PS2 (I'll stick to the pc version,thank you). Then we went to the SM just a stone's throw away from their house and walked around until around 2:30, when Maan arrived from Tagaytay. We stopped by the American Boulevard shop and I picked up a bunch of novelty shirts. We spent quite a bit of time in the shop when I realized that I had to get to the airport and FAST! My check-in time was barely an hour away.

Dein and Maan helped me get a cab, telling the driver that I had to get to the airport lickety-split. He made like an F1 racer and got me there just in the nick of time. I sped to the check-in counter and the guy there told me that my flight would be delayed for about 2 hours. Ugh, what a load of crap. Anyway, I got a free dinner complements of PAL, and I waited for my flight. By 9 that night, I was out cold in my bed at home.

listening to: Lionel Richie - The Only One



Post a Comment
 
© Timothy James Tupas 2005 All rights reserved
 
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com