Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Enjoying Sem Break

During the weekend, I went on an outing with some of my classmates to Soleo Beach out in San Enrique. That's about an hour away from Bacolod. There were only 8 of us: Me, Brad, Dawn, Harvey, Jonalyn, KZ, Henry and Nikko. We were expecting a whole lot more, but lots of people couldn't make it.

Anyway, after waiting all morning, we left for San Enrique around 1pm. It was a quick 1 hour ride. When we got to the beach, we were lucky enough to score a cottage right away. We immediately hooked up the speakers and my mp3 player, then got straight to business, a late lunch. While the food was being prepared, Nikko went skimboarding and I took a few shots.

After eating, we all relaxed for a bit, played cards, listened to music. Then we went out to the water for a quick dip, which then turned into a sand/mud war. I got hit in the head a few times and spent most of the afternoon spitting sand out of my mouth. The sun was setting when we finally went back and got ready for dinner. It was then that we found out there was no more rice. We had to go out and buy some more, where we found out that there wasn't any rice available! We ended up having to buy some from one of the locals, but we had to wait for it to be cooked first. It wasn't until 9 that we were able to eat.

When dinner was done, we all stayed in and started telling ghost stories. After a while we started drinking and playing Truth or Dare. Actually, it was more like Truth or Truth, and only KZ, Nikko and I were drinking at first. We each drew a card and whoever had the lowest card got the question. Then sometime later, we added that whoever got the lowest card had to take a shot as well. This went on for the rest of the night, lots of secrets being uncovered, lots of gin being drunk.

The next morning greeted me with a brain-numbing hangover. I decided to stick to playing cards the rest of the morning. Nikko and Harvey had to go home early in the morning, so there were only 6 of us left. Anyway, we just hung out for the rest of the morning, then had brunch. A while later, Arvin appeared out of nowhere and joined us. We were planning to go swimming but we got booted out of the cottage. (Seems we forgot about the 12 o'clock check-out.)

Not really having any other alternative, we made our way home. When I got home, I realized how many mosquitoes bit me. I was literally covered in bites. Ouch. But that was last on my mind when I collapsed on my bed.

listening to: Hale - Here Tonight



Post a Comment
 
© Timothy James Tupas 2005 All rights reserved
 
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com