Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Ninja and Badminton?

Ok, don't laugh.

These past few days we've been heading over to the local badminton courts. At first, I was reluctant to try. Sports aren't my thing, that's quite obvious to everyone who knows me. Physical activity does not suit me well, seeing as how my eye-hand coordination is shot to hell and my clumsiness is top notch.

So what finally convinced me to go for it? Maybe because Kay was also starting to play. Maybe because everyone in the house was getting into it. Maybe because I was just really sick of sitting on my ass all the time. Maybe it was a way for me to get my mind off things. All I know is that one day they were just playing in the yard and I joined in. For some reason, it felt really good to smash the crap out of the shuttlecock.

Ok, lets not draw any conclusions here. I didn't say I was any good, so don't expect me to be any sort of expert. Usually I'd be flailing my racket wildly and would be lucky just to hit the thing. Anyhoo, I do find the game fun and it's a way to get that much needed exercise.

listening to: Coheed and Cambria - A Favor House Atlantic



Post a Comment
 
© Timothy James Tupas 2005 All rights reserved
 
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com