Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, August 20, 2005

9 is supposed to be lucky, right?

For the Chinese, the character for the number nine, pronounced as 'Jiu', implies 'everlasting', especially in friendship and marriage.

Hey there peeps, it just happens to be our ninth monthiversary. In light of this occasion, I wanted to take the time to finally clear everything up. For those of you dying to know how we got together, now's your chance to find out.

Not many people know this, but we met a long time ago. Almost 10 years ago, we met at my Tita Sisi's birthday party. Kay was her classmate during high school. So that makes her 1 year older than me. Back then, I have to admit that I had a crush on her, but I was such a geek back then. After that, we only crossed paths twice during high school (during the Intrams in Don Bosco during my 3rd year, and during their graduation).

It wasn't until during my 2nd year of college that we met again. She still hung out with Tita Sisi, and they helped me out during my transition period. Every once in a while, we'd hang out during their breaks, usually in the foodcourt. There was one night that they brought me along to listen to a live band. Back then, Kay was still Manang Kay to me, but I still had a crush on her. However, that was as far as it went. My heart belonged to Tina while I was in college, and she had a boyfriend, Alex. So I was happy to have her as a friend, and didn't expect anything else.

She graduated a year ahead of me and went to Cebu, so we lost touch for a while. It wasn't until she came home a few months later that, out of the blue, we just came across each other and were able to exchange cellphone numbers. After that she went to Manila and we would keep in touch occasionally through SMS. Again, at the time, I still didn't have any feelings for her aside from friendship. We'd give each other advice and stuff.

While she was in Manila, she told me about her new boyfriend. The were a several times that I was able to call her and she'd be crying on the other end. Cactus that I am (JR's term for me because I listen and listen and listen to whatever problems he might have), I'd listen to her and try to give advice. But it was usually Kay who'd do the talking, telling me that it's been so long since he'd contact her, visit her, etc. I won't go into the details. Point is, I did my best to be there for her and comfort her. It was through this that I felt we became alot closer.

Then she applied to Smart and was able to get herself assigned back here at home in Bacolod. We'd still talk once in a while, usually about her boyfriend or me looking for a new phone at Smart.

It was in mid-2003 that I broke up with Tina. Later in the year, Kay and I were talking (yes, about her boyfriend again), but she was kinda busy with work. So I asked her if she'd wanna watch a movie or something later, then we could continue our talk later. So we watched a movie, just the two of us. Sometime in November, Tina found out about it and went on a warpath. Anyway, it was really shitty timing that Kay was in the hospital at that time, suffering from a bad ulcer. So Kay got pissed at both me and Tina. We lost touch for several months because of that incident.

Fast forward to August, 2005. We met after she watched the SouthBorder concert. I guess she decided to forget what happened. It felt weird at first, but we returned to friend-cactus status. There was that one lunch we had together in KFC, as usual we went back to talking about her boyfriend and the fact that he was AWOL again.

In November, when Tita Sisi and Tita Faith came home, I joined them for dinner in Imay's. For some reason I found myself really attracted to Kay, I couldn't understand it. The whole night I couldn't keep my eyes off her. Later on we were in MO2 and we were pretty much the only people in the area (we went out on a weeknight). I managed to get myself pretty wasted that night and had to get home. I made it to my bed and fell asleep, but not before sending Kay a text that let her know how I felt. Kay was surprised, and the next morning I did quite a bit of apologizing, but our flirting didn't stop there. She went to Boracay with my Titas for a few days and we were still texting.

On the Friday of that same week, it was the birthday of Tita Faith. I picked her up at the mall then we went to the resort where the party was being held. After dinner we went off alone to one of the pools away from the party to talk. This was the first time we talked face to face since the night in MO2. At first, we talked about her boyfriend again, but then it drifted off to other topics. Later on, I worked up the nerve to let her know how I felt. By the next morning, much to the surprise of my Titas, Kay was my girlfriend.

Anyway, this is just how it started. There's alot more to tell, but that can wait for another post. Love you, Kay!


Post a Comment
 
© Timothy James Tupas 2005 All rights reserved
 
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com