Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Unexpected plot twists... part two

Enough ranting about my non-existent iPod for now. Back to the story!

Ahem... Sometime in August, I met up with that friend of mine and he told me about his plan to open a multimedia studio. Told me all about his fancy Mac G5, blah blah blah, Maya, blah blah blah. At the time, it felt like all my questions were being answered. So I decided to join and see just where things would go. Sometime in September, the Digital Craftworx was born. After a problem with DTI, it was renamed to the Digital Foundry. It started out really promising and I was really enjoying it. I got to do photography and graphics work and met lots of interesting people.

Oh, I forgot to mention, sometime around July, I started the
pROsins boards on a crappy ipbfree forum. The pROsins boards is a forum for the assassin class in Philippines Ragnarok Online. The original forum was hosted on a shitty server, so on August 3, 2004, the current pROsins boards was created and we've been there ever since. It's a happy little community of some great players who love being assassins despite their underdog rep. I've made lots of good friends in there. ^_^

It was also during that time that the house added some more inhabitants. At first, it was just me, Jaypee my bro, Uting our sidekick and Lyka our 4 year old doberman. Then after some time, Paeng, Bernie and Phillip moved in. So the house beace very loud and felt very much alive as opposed to being empty and boring.

It was in early August that I got back in touch with one of my friends, Kay. We bumped into each other in MO2 after she attended a South Border concert on August 13, 2004. I really hate to shortcut this part of my life but if I start to talk about Kay now, this post will become way too long, so I think it would be best if she gets her own post reserved just for her. Luv yah, Kay!

Early September, Mom, Dad and JP went to the States for vacation. I was stuck in Bacolod because I wanted to concentrate on the business. On the day they left, I was given money that was supposed to be used for paying the bills and stuff for the house and feed me for the next month. But it just so happened that life decided to kick me in the ass on that very same day. I kept the money in my wallet because I was planning to deposit it the next day (they left on a Sunday). Then woohoo! What incredible timing for me to have my pockets picked! In retrospect I do believe it was a sign, it had to be. God was warning me. I only realized this now as was typing this post. It was an omen of my impending financial doom.

Life at that point was really shitty. I felt like I was at an all time low. I didn't have much money for food or Ragnarok and was unhappy with work. I did, however, get to spend alot of time with Nang Luisa. We would hang out all the time with her classmates in law school then they'd let me tag along on their adventures. At the same time, the pROsins boards was continuing to grow, little by little.

To be continued again...


Post a Comment
 
© Timothy James Tupas 2005 All rights reserved
 
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com