Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, July 15, 2005

Unexpected plot twists... part one

It's been quite a while since my original webpage/pseudo-blog went the way of the dinosaur. Alot has happened since then. According to the old website, my last post was way back in March, 2004, seems there's alot for me to recall. Here's just a quick summary of all that has happened since then.

Back in early 2004, Lolo Roming was in and out of the hospital several times. It was the beginning of a really tough time for the family. We spent long stretches in Manila and in Bacolod with Lolo in the hospital. Every prayer said was asking for his recovery. Everything else became a 2nd priority. Tita Tang and Tito Manuel's families came on several different occasions just to be with Lolo and show their unending support. However, I guess it was all just too much for him and God decided to finally let him rest on July 25th of 2004.

When Lolo died, all our lives changed. To me, it felt as if the world was spinning out of control. But in the middle of everything, it became apparent just how strong the bond of our family was. It was impossible to miss, we all came together in that one tragic moment and helped each other get by. Makes me proud to be part of such a supportive and close-knit family. During that time, I also realized how many people's lives my Lolo touched. All the stories people would tell just put me in awe of the man.


Back at the time, I tried to go on with my life, but the whole situation took it's toll on me. In June of that year, the plan was to go back to school and start studying Architecture, but that didn't push through. It was also around that time that I moved out of the dorm and moved to my dad's old house with my brother. The class under Sir TJ finally started, but by the time it ended, I lost almost all my desire for programming. I felt so depressed and didn't know what to do anymore.

But sometime around August, I got in touch with an old friend who was almost ready to start up a multimedia studio...


to be continued...


Post a Comment
 
© Timothy James Tupas 2005 All rights reserved
 
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com