Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Love and Trust

I was just reading JM's blog and read his post about the advice given from some call-in radio love advice show. Just wanted to share my own comments about this. It's kinda weird just last night, I just had a talk with Kay about trust, among other things.

To me, trust is crucial in any relationship. Love and trust go hand in hand. A relationship wouldn't work out if either partner doesn't trust the other. If you really love each other, what's there to worry about anyway?

I'm not saying that there should be a blind and absolute faith in your partner, sometimes a little jealousy (like what JM said) is healthy and shows that you're also worried about losing your partner. Never getting jealous at all kinda gives the impression that you don't give a shit.

Blindly believing hearsay, excessively checking your partner's cellphone, hacking their e-mail account, spying on them... that's kinda fucked up. Some of my friends have been in relationships like that, it ain't pretty.

In my own experience, it's healthy to always be open to your partner. Open in the sense that you're receptive and understanding. Also in the sense that you can always talk to them as well. Communication is very important in building up trust.

With Kay, it's such a blessing that we're both very open with each other about everything. That's one of the things that I love about her.

Ok ok ok, I'll stop myself before I get too mushy. This post has already taken enough time as it is, now I'm gonna be late for class! Gotta run!

Bottom line, folks:
Trust, good. Paranoia and plain out shadiness, bad.


Post a Comment
 
© Timothy James Tupas 2005 All rights reserved
 
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com