Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Floods = Bad...

What a shitty day.

I just got home.

It's 11:30 pm.

The rain was pouring the whole day (and continues to pour as I type this post). It took me almost 2 and a half hours to commute home today. This is from Robinson's Place in Mandalagan to Sum-ag, which usually only takes me around 30-40 minutes.

Things started out normal enough, except for the excessive rain. Then halfway there, at Dunkin' Donuts, Araneta, I was surprised to see a large number of people waiting at the jeepney stop. For some reason, there were no jeepneys passing by from the next route (the route I needed to take). After about 30 minutes, only around 3 jeeps passed, but I couldn't get on because people were rushing to get on and I didn't want to get crushed.

Thoroughly pissed off and sick of waiting, I decided to take a jeep with a similar route, then take a taxi from a more convenient location (read: closer, therfore cheaper). This would solve two problems: One, having to stuff myself in a jeepney with other wet, tired people... And two, having to walk in the rain from the corner of my stop up to the house.

It was only when I got off the other jeep that I found out why there were hardly any jeeps from my route. There was a 2-3 foot deep flood along a 60 foot stretch of road. I watched as other cars tried to pass by. Some were successful, while others got their engines flooded and had to be towed out. After 3 taxis refused to go in that direction, I asked the next one if we could take a route around the flooded area. So much for being cheaper.

Well, a long taxi ride later, I finally got home. Stupid floods.


Post a Comment
 
© Timothy James Tupas 2005 All rights reserved
 
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com